I make a lot of Facebook posts about my take on adulthood. They are some of my most popular posts (I use Facebook a lot for a twentysomethings, ok). I’m assuming this is because I’m just saying what everyone else is thinking. After all, isn’t early adulthood just faking it and pretending like you know what you’re doing, when in reality you’d rather be watching cartoons after school again?
Adulting sucks, but at least we’re all in it together. And every so often you succeed or do something really awesome that makes you feel like Adulting Royalty. Isn’t that just the best?
Maybe you’re having a day where you just don’t feel like a successful adult. Maybe today you’re crushing it. Either way, enjoy some of my most popular revelations about adulthood. Let me know if there’s any I missed!
- Being an adult means you have to buy your own Spiderman and Toy Story bandaids.
- I don’t think I’m ready for the commitment of being an adult; I still stick my tongue out behind people’s backs.
- Being an adult is having to build furniture by yourself then realizing you are not a visual learner.
- Feeling like an adult as I head to a banking appointment. Never mind the fact that I have a lollipop in my mouth.
- Yes, I’d like to return my adulthood. I’m not ready.
- Being a responsible adult means buying an umbrella and using your time effectively. Unrelated: I just spent two hours picking out Tina Fey/Amy Poehler t-shirts and jumping through puddles.
- *Gets locked out of my bank account because I am not a successful adult*
- Adulthood is telling yourself that if you can make pasta, you’ll be okay #peacelovepasta
- Being an adult means no one tells you to stop reading and go to sleep anymore.
- Look at me! Calling my credit card company about a scam, filing reports, and being a good adult.
- Being an adult means getting ice cream on your comforter because no one tells you not to eat ice cream in bed.
- Still holding on to my backup plan of being a wedding dress model.
- My shopping lists now include Advil, sleep aids, earplugs, hot water bottles, and ginger ale because apparently I’m 90 years old.
- Being an adult means crying in the grocery story because almonds are fucking expensive.
- Adulthood is getting really excited over dairy free ice cream and cucumber water.
- 99% of adulthood is me texting my mom asking her for help then saying “never mind” two minutes later because I figured it out.
- In case any of you were wondering how my adulthood adventures were going, today I spilled laundry soap in my room and it’s all I can smell now.
- Y’all will be happy to know that I have dishware resembling that of a responsible adult.
- As a 21st Century woman I am super excited about putting together all my own furniture with no help. As, well, *me* I am sulking in the middle of my bedroom floor because I want my mom to come do it.